As the winter chill fades away and the flowers bloom, it’s time to prepare your home for the warmer months ahead. Preparing for summer is ensuring that your air conditioning system is in good condition to keep you and your family comfortable during the hot months. Spring is the perfect time to perform maintenance on your AC unit to ensure it’s running efficiently and effectively. Contact Trantel Heating & Cooling for routine AC maintenance service in Portland, OR, and surrounding areas.
Here, we will provide valuable tips on how to prep your AC for this summer through spring maintenance:
- Clean or Replace Air Filters: Air filters are vital in maintaining good indoor air quality and ensuring your AC system runs efficiently. Over time, filters can become clogged with dirt, dust, and debris, reducing airflow and forcing your AC to work harder. Clean or replace your air filters according to the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure optimal performance.
- Clean The Condenser Coils: The condenser coils are located in the outdoor unit of your AC system and can become dirty and clogged with debris over time. Clean the coils using a soft brush or a gentle stream of water to remove dirt and debris that may have accumulated during the winter months.
- Check And Clean The Evaporator Coils: The evaporator coils are located in the indoor unit of your AC system and can also collect dirt and debris. Inspect and clean the evaporator coils to ensure they are free from dirt, dust, and debris, which can affect their efficiency.
- Inspect The Condensate Drain Line: The condensate drain line removes excess moisture from your AC system. Inspect the drain line for clogs or leaks and clean it if necessary to prevent water damage and mold growth.
Check The Thermostat: Ensure your thermostat is working correctly and calibrated accurately. Replace the batteries if needed, and consider upgrading to a programmable thermostat to increase energy efficiency and save on your energy bills.
- Check The Ductwork: Inspect the ductwork for leaks, gaps, and damage that may have occurred during winter. Seal any leaks and insulate ducts in unconditioned spaces to improve your AC system’s efficiency.
Taking the time to perform spring maintenance on your AC system can significantly improve its efficiency, extend its lifespan, and prevent costly breakdowns. Following the checklist above and scheduling a professional AC tune-up with us, you can ensure your AC is ready to keep you cool and comfortable during the hot summer months.
Contact Trantel Heating & Cooling for AC repair in Portland, OR, and surrounding areas. Our experienced technicians can help you keep your home comfortable all summer long!